Translate

Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Simple Man


1991 Grammy Life Time Achievement Award

“Well, my daddy, he didn’t leave me much, you know he was a very simple man, but what he did tell me was this, he did say, son, he said ….. (long pause) .... he said so many things  .....  (laughter from the audience) ...... he say, you know it’s possible to become so defiled in this world that your own father and mother will abandon you and if that happens, God will always believe in your ability to mend your ways.”

Paradox: something that is made up of two opposite things and that seems impossible but is actually true or possible

I accept chaos
I've given up making any attempt at perfection
I'm called a songwriter
A poem is a naked person 
Some people say I'm a poet
All I'm doing is saying what's on my mind
the best way I know how
and whatever else you say about me
everything I do or say or write
comes out of me

No comments:

Post a Comment