Translate

Friday, July 5, 2013

Love's Little Gifts and Surprises


"Pray, hope, and don't
worry. Worry is useless.
God is merciful and will hear
your prayer."

St. Pio of Pietrelcina
 (Padre Pio)


Got an email from my sister-in-law this morning:

Carol, I gotta tell you something funny - I sent the Padre Pio card to my cousin in Italy [ Roggiano Gravina, Province of Cosenza],  and it started an avalanche-the 2 houses that didn't get a card-just a letter 'cause I only had 1 of the priest- feel slighted-and the funniest part is that they saw the name  on the back and thought I made the card and emailed to tell me how talented and wonderful I was and for a nanosecond I thought I could just not correct their misperception...but I told them all about you and admitted that I was in no way involved. That priest is soooo revered in that part of Italy.   So, I told John that I would like to buy 2 more - just making sure you know how appreciated your art is - even in Europe. Love, Me

to which I replied:

Bless you, Pat. I will give you - give you - more. I can't take money for them from you. I love Padre Pio too. It makes me happy that they love the card. Let me go to my Walgreen's account, they are having a big sale right now, and I'll see what kind of a deal I can get to have some more printed up. I'll get back to you. Love, Carol

p.s - I am also thinking about making my own cards with MS publisher and printing them out myself, that might be the way to go since Walgreen's is now putting their logo on the back of my cards. It makes them look tacky and I don't feel that I should have to advertise for them in addition to paying for their services

and followed up with:

Okay, I just ordered 12 Padre Pio cards with 30% off, rounded off to $1.50 per card instead of the normal $1.99. They will be ready in a couple of hours to pick up.

I'm still going to give you 6 in the name of good public relations. (haha, no pun intended) I think Padre Pio would like that. Love Carol

to which my Sis replied:

My goodness, you are getting Karma points and Catholic cred for doing that - I really don't think that its a big deal to see a Walgreens stamp on the back - for Chrissakes, everyone is focused on the artwork - wouldn't it be great if you became famous in Europe?  As your agent, I promise to take only a reasonable vig.(gangsta talk for percentage) Yuk Yuk
 

*************
This is a lovely video that I found on youtube and the music is wonderful.  However, I was hoping to see some women and children of that area and not just men.  It kind of gives the impression that Roggiano Gravina is one big boy's club. 







No comments:

Post a Comment