Translate

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Keep a Knockin'

We used to have a doorbell  that played Cheech and Chong singing "Keep a knockin' but you can't come in, come back tomorrow night and try it again."  It was wonderful. The grandchildren loved it - too much - in my husband's opinion, so he disabled it.  

Bob Dylan has a song for just about every human emotion.  He's got one called "Open The Door, Homer".  I wasn't familiar with it so had to look it up.  What a surprise to find this in the last verse:

“Take care of all your memories”
Said my friend, Mick
“For you cannot relive them
And remember when you’re out there
Tryin’ to heal the sick
That you must always
First forgive them”


and then there's this - just exquisite:





 Hunts home - 64 Street of Prophets, Jerusalem

William Holman Hunt
  (2 April 1827 – 7 September 1910) 
Photographed by
Julia Margaret Cameron

The Light of the World
by William Wholman Hunt
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me".  According to Hunt: "I painted the picture with what I thought, unworthy though I was, to be by Divine command, and not simply as a good Subject." The door in the painting has no handle, and can therefore be opened only from the inside, representing "the obstinately shut mind" Hunt, 50 years after painting it, felt he had to explain the symbolism

No comments:

Post a Comment