Translate

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more.



What am I so mad about?  The war against and persecution of Catholics.  It's especially prevalent on social websites and forums.  I usually consider the source and let these things slide.  But, last night I could not control myself.  It was the proverbial last straw.  However, follwing my outburst, my outrage taught me something I wasn't fully aware of, or perhaps, something I was for some reason, ashamed to admit.  I love my religion.  I am proud to be a Catholic.  I thank God that I was born into a family that cared about my religious upbringing.  I may not be the best Catholic in the world, I may even appear heretical to the more traditional Catholics, but .... by God, I am a Catholic and nobody is going to rub my nose in the dirt for it. 

A Facebook conversation on the subject of the recent Vatican bank scandal and arrest of
Monsignor Nunzio Scarano prompted the following comments. There's no point in providing a link, the story is in every newspaper in the world. Oddly, I am not as incensed by the wrongdoing of Monsignor Scarano as I am over the heyday Catholic haters world wide are having with it.  It sickens me that they relish with demonic delight, every fall we take.
  · 
Mike: Poor Nunzio!

 Joe: LOL
· 
Carol: I have every confidence that the new pope (a Jesuit) is, and will continue to be, dedicated to cleaning up the vatican and removing the evil that has plagued it and the Catholic church for far too long. From the Reuters article, in case it was overlooked, "Pope Francis set up a commission of inquiry into the Vatican bank, which has been hit by a number of scandals in the past decades."
· 
Charlie: I wonder if Catholics are required to read the words Jesus spoke, you know, the red words in the Bible? Whenever I read those words I come away with the idea that Jesus was against organized religion, that is, the thing that calls itself orthodox and likened it to a closed door to those who would enter the kingdom of God which is here already. Of course, he was talking to the Jewish leaders of his time but by extension the same ideas apply to us today. To think it necessary to go through a religion to see God is exactly the opposite of what Jesus taught. He came to deliver people from religion, not to enmesh them into endless rituals.

Joe: Amen
 Carol: "I wonder if Catholics are required to read the words Jesus spoke, you know, the red words in the Bible? " What an ignorant comment.· 
Charlie: To not be informed is ignorance!
Carol: FU man. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. You need to get informed.

Charlie: Do a little research of the Catholic Church's history and compare that to the teachings of Jesus and see the contrast which is why I mentioned the red words which, I have found to be a problem for Christianity in general. Christianity purports to represent Christ but has little knowledge or understanding of what their founder taught. This I call ignorance, both willful and otherwise.
· 
Charlie: You want a few examples?

(next time I will try to curb my "cough expletives cough")

· 

No comments:

Post a Comment