Translate

Monday, July 22, 2013

Dos Gardenias

I've been taking a much needed break from the computer and during my absence I managed to start and finish  a few projects around the house.  Mainly, the project that required the most physical strength and energy and gave me the greatest sense of accomplishment, was fixing up the kitchen.  Halfway through I realized that what I was doing in the kitchen was Feng Shui.  I got rid of a very large and practically useless floor cabinet along with a very heavy hutch that was atop our kitchen table, balanced and up against the wall.  I didn't mind throwing out the cabinet, but I couldn't bear to get rid of the hutch because it was one of the first things I ever bought with my own money.  The cabinet, because of its size, bulk and amount of space it took up, was a big hindrance to entering the kitchen and also to gaining access to the basement door.  The hutch, because of it being atop the kitchen table, prevented the table from being pulled out from  the wall so that the whole family (six of us) could sit around it comfortably. We were all "sqooshed" together with the hutch looming in the background.

That explains my lack of new blog posts until this morning when I found the time to throw this little snippet video together for The Blog That Never Was.  Haha.  Why I chose that name is beyond me.  The video is made up of stills of my mother and her sister dancing.  The music is Dos Gardenias by Ibrahim Ferrer and the Buena Vista Social Club.