Translate

Monday, December 9, 2013

Treasures

Today while going through my keepsakes I found the following items.  I only meant to look for one particular photo and wound up spending hours reminiscing.

It will snow real soon and I will make a snowman and it will melt - Sean

My House by Sean

Dear Mom and Dad - I want to thank you for letting me have pets and I am thankful for my bike and all my other stuff like my possessions and a house and not a apartment and for having a big yard to play in and a dog to play with in the yard - Love your son Sean

Seany Pooh, my only son.  Christmas 1968



What My Mother Means To Me - by Colleen

What my mother means to [me] is buying me a candy bar or giving me a dime or taking me on Trolly Trains to 69th Street or taking me to grandmoms house and telling me to play and when I came in with mud on me I'd track it on the floor and then when she would see it shed send me out the door and say dont come in unless your clean and then you can eat your lunch.  So then I went and cleand and I came in and ate my lunch and it was time to leave and then I said by and me and momy went out the door and we found that it was dark and we walked home and ate dinner and then I went to bed.  And then my my momy said good knight and kissed me and she said Sweet Dreams.

Three Little Monkeys  - Christmas 1968

The one in the middle created the Mother's Day Card and short essay "What My Mother Means To Me".  As I read it again today I felt the same tinge of apprehension when she seemed to go off on a tangent and wondered once again "where the heck is she going with this story?"   I think she might have been a little annoyed with me for making her go out and clean her shoes off before entering my mother's very tidy house.  Today, decades later and in her own home,  everyone takes off their shoes and leaves them in the entrance hall.  I think she takes after me when it comes to writing. When the stream of consciousness kicks in you never know where you're going to wind up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment