Translate

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Lunar Involvement (69 Lines and a Title)


Lunar Involvement  (69 Lines and a Title)

O great moon ass
your bicycle wheels keep
churning down main
street alive with
reluctance when
you apply the brakes
my heart stops and I
hallucinate smooth white
fenders gleaming asteroids
planetary disengagement
from the ordinary evolution
singing relevant phrases
to the hub of your stride
I believe in your orbit
I believe in your fixed
revolution I believe
in your ride your thighs
hum monstrous volumes
neglected by the masters
of harmony who could not
entertain the ratio
of our alliance.

O great moon ass
your siblings burn like
birthday candles weeping
waxy monuments along the
road I hear them crying
fire as they bend their
coiled economy suffers
light expenditures that
eat away the wick of
life’s desire while you
keep on truckin’
haulin’ God’s monopoly
across the stark investiture
of sea and sky combined
your platinum face excites
my spiny sensibility my
finite eyes engrave
deep enamored symphonies
that beg to be released
full measure on your
dark other side where
time recapitulates
through bleak atmosphere.

O great moon ass
keeper of promises
working on the midnight
shift and shifting all the
midnight work onto me
the stars are in my favor
as I act out chronicles
beleaguered and bewitched
in my chrysalis
I blink recognition
yet cling to the carnival
midway swallowing
remorse before it swallows me
I drift under cover
drawn by your light
deep within the canyons
of myself sinking celibate
Making my escape through
the soul's dark night
and the jagged
teeth of time
I arrive once more
inside the jaws of morning
a winged adult.

Leocadia

No comments:

Post a Comment