Translate

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"I love the Holy Spirit. It needs to be stood for in these times. When those who claim to represent it are mocking it in fact. And holding it hostage." Sinead O'Connor





Open Letter To Sinead O'Connor

Dear Sinead,
Sorry for making your right foot too large and your legs too short, the two most obvious mistakes among a litany of errors.  Your right foot is too large because it was the last thing I did and I was really tired after working on you all day.   I didn't have the energy or the time for a do-over, I needed a shower (phew) and everyone was wondering when we were going to have dinner.  Your legs are too short mostly because I didn't plan ahead and thus ran out of space on  the  virtual canvas.  I attempted to make them appear longer by  hoisting up your cammies and shortening your waist and  jacket.  That was not a good idea.  It made you look like a Hobbit, not that I have anything against Hobbits.  (I absolutely adore Frodo, don't you?)  Your head is too big for your body: mia culpa, mia culpa, mia culpa. You look very stiff and hunched over, I apologize for that, but, well, as you know,  none of us is perfect, but each of us is beautiful in our own way.

Wishing you all the best
a long time admirer,
Leo
  

"I feel God didn't make more than one of us for nothing, Bob. That's why I'm open. We're here to be real with each other. And relate honestly to each other. And I don't have any shame about being open, whatever it is I happen to be being open about. It's a beautiful thing to be a real live human being and relate to other real live human beings, be it Twitter, or blogs, or letters to you, or anything else."
Sinead O'Connor 
(from an open letter to Bob Dylan which you can find in its entirety on her site) 



 Sinead is back !!!!!  I've always had great admiration and respect for her and I'm ecstatic to hear her and see her in such magnificent form.  The strength of her spirit thrills me to the core.  She rises above ignorance and persecution and waves the truth in the face of lies and liars like a holy flag.  Please visit her site to fully appreciate the rise and wingspan of this beautiful Phoenix. Her letter of July22, 2012 to the Daily Mail is exquisite. 

Sinead O'Connor official site
Sinead's open letter to the Daily Mail







Sinead O'Connor 1988 Concert Poster. 



No comments:

Post a Comment