Translate

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A New Member


Young Girl With A Swan
Completion Date: 1886

I decided to re-blog this because today (drum roll) I have a new member.   A beautiful and intelligent woman named Swan.  I originally posted this blog back in February 14, 2012, Valentines Day, on the occasion of my very first member, a talented fashion illustrator with a terrific resume and a wonderful blog of his own called, "Oscar de la Rip Off".  Dave had a wonderful sense of humor and told wonderful and personal stories about his personal life and his experiences in the world of fashion.  I don't know what happened to Dave.  One day he was just gone and so was his blog.  Dave, wherever you are I hope you are okay and nothing bad has happened to you.  

Back to Swan.  I hope if she sees this she will not be embarrassed that I am honoring her with this re-blog.  I can't find a way to comment on her blog site, "Divine Comedy of Autistic Spectrum Errors", which has a wealth of information and personal insights on Austism and its spectrum.  Just about anything you would like to know on the subject of Autism you can find there, or here   She is also a wonderful artist, so if you visit her site,  be sure to check out her artwork.  Swan, I am so happy to have you as a member.  A very warm welcome to you. 


"Hey Ma, did yuh hear the news?  Leo's got herself a bran' new member. 
Some feller goes by the name o' Dave, a genuine artiste from none other'n 
New York City.  Hear t' tell she's tickled pink 'bout it.   Least ways, that's
what ol' Birdie Hicks was sayin' over t' the Grange meetin' t'other night."

"Land sakes, Pa, you call that news?  I knowed that two days ago.  Now, unless
you's a fixin' t' whisper sweet nothin's in my ear,  or you got somethin' special
t' give me, oh, I dunno, like a purty valentine or a box o' chocolates, git yerself
out o'  my kitchen  an' start mendin' that chicken fence like you been promisin'
so's  I don't have t' waste my time wanderin' all over tarnation lookin' fer eggs."  


This is a Wonderful Day
I woke up this morning to find that I had a member.  It took me by surprise and made my day. All these months with not a soul in sight, and suddenly, on this Valentine's Day, I log in and notice there is someone sitting next to me in the member section of my blog.   I was resolved to being the only member into eternity or there about,  and now I have a follower.  I'm not going to feign sophistication and act blase  about this new development in my personal blogosphere; I'm thrilled.   Welcome, my friend.



Well, my heart's in the Highlands at the break of day
Over the hills and far away
There's a way to get there, and I'll figure it out somehow
But I'm already there in my mind
And that's good enough for now

Bob Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment