Translate

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Not Søren Kierkegaard


Hans Christian Anderson


April 2, 1805 – August 4, 1875 
Everything you always wanted to know about Hans 
"Talk about being misunderstood!   I endured year upon year of being misunderstood.  Misunderstood, misinterpreted and mistranslated!   In my day, I was regarded with either condescension or indifference by members of the  Danish literary establishment, who by the way,   were triflers, largely unknown today unless mentioned in biographies about me."  H.C. Anderson
.


Søren Aabye Kierkegaard
 May 5, 1813 – November 11, 1855

"People understand me so poorly that they don't even understand my complaint about them not understanding me. A woman I never even met mistook me for Hans Christian Anderson. What a joke. I am much better looking than Hans!" Soren Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard led a somewhat uneventful life.  Ha, ha, ha.  
That line must have come from someone with no imagination.   Read  the real scoop


A terrible joke has been played on me, by whom I cannot say, I can only admit to unwittingly having a hand in it. The above portrait is NOT Soren Kierkegaard.  It's Hans Christian Anderson.  For more than a year I've had it up on my side-bar (beneath Bunny the Impersonator) believing it was Kierkegaard.  Only today I realized it was not.  I could attempt to cover up this embarrassing faux pas, this highly hilarious and ironic twist of fate, but it's so funny I would prefer to just bring it out in the open.  I think Soren would get a great kick out of it.   He complains a lot about being misunderstood.    I know the feeling.   But this?  This is perhaps the ultimate misunderstanding, being mistaken for your own rival.   All this time I've been in love with the wrong man, although it's more a case of the wrong face.  Truth is, I'm in love with both.   Oh, damn these horrid love triangles.  And to think, this morning I spent 4 hours painting the wrong lover.  Ah, slap myself in the head and reach for a V8.  Now I've got to get back to the "studio" and turn out a portrait of Soren, otherwise, they might have a duel or something.  Wait!  That's farfetched.  Even for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment