Translate

Friday, April 20, 2012


Woman With Goose by the Water by Paul Gauguin
Completion Date: 1888
Place of Creation:Pont-aven, France
 


Goosebone

My Goosebone tells me
what I want to hear.
It is my Goosebone
my goose paid the price
with it's head
with it's feathers.
There were no golden eggs
and so the roast was scheduled.
I didn't try to stop it.
It was high time
the inevitable hour
no skin off my back.
I remained detached
as the ax came down.
The children shrieked.
The blood splattered.

It was only a goose
for Christ's sake
with Christmas around the corner.
And yes, I've got it on tape
(it isn't everyday you get
to document an execution).
And yes, I thought
it was funny when
the butcher and his sidekick
hammed it up for the camera
dangling goose guts in the air
above their open mouths
rubbing their bellies
rolling their eyes in ecstacy.
A dash of humor
to enhance the sacrifice.

And yes, I was the cook
cooking my goose to perfection
with oranges and apricots
wild rice on the side.
Everyone smacked their lips.
Everyone licked their fingers.

Leocadia




No comments:

Post a Comment