Translate

Monday, April 16, 2012

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. Michelangelo





" I like an empty wall because I can imagine what I like on it."
Georgia O'Keeffe

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
George Orwell

"…as I could not make reflection with my understanding I contrived to picture Christ within me."
Teresa of Avila

"I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them."
Pablo Picasso

"Imagination and fiction make up more than three quarters of our real life."
Simone Weil

"Imagination is the voice of daring. If there is anything Godlike about God it is that. He dared to imagine everything."
Henry Miller

"Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?"
Frida Kahlo


"It is the eye of ignorance that assigns a fixed and unchangeable color to every object; beware of this stumbling block."
Paul Gauguin


"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
 Henry David Thoreau

"Earth's crammed with heaven, And every common bush afire with God: But only he who sees takes off his shoes."
 Elizabeth Barrett Browning
 
"People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition end by starving the best part of the mind."
William Butler Yeats

"The lunatic, the lover, and the poet, are of imagination all compact."
 William Shakespeare

"Logic will get you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere."
 Albert Einstein

 "There is a space betwen man's imagination and man's attainment that may only be traversed by his longing."
Kahlil Gibran



 

No comments:

Post a Comment