Translate

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Renaldo & Clara

I love these words from Dylan's "Idiot Wind" .  You'll see why they are relevant to this blog post and the film "Renaldo and Clara" if you read the synopsis below.

"You'll never know the hurt I suffered
or the pain I rise above
And I'll never know the same about you
Your holiness or your kind of love
and it makes me feel so sorry"



From what I (Leo) can decipher from uploader and viewer comments, the youtube video below is the second half of the film.

Uploader: "This is the only video I have and it was labeled Renaldo and Clara part 2 so I think there's more footage out there but this is all I have sorry."

Viewer:  "The scenes are all out of order. At least according to the 'Renaldo and Clara' synopsis I'm reading. Google it and you'll find it too, it helps explain what's going on"

Find an excellent  synopsis, let me move that up a few notches to a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious synopsis HERE







Here is a darned good review of Renaldo and Clara by Sadi Ranson- Polizzotti of Tant Mieux;

 Excerpt from Ranson-Polizzotti's review:
"The problem is, even for the most diehard Dylan fan or no matter how much you love or like Dylan, watching Renaldo and Clara, is, as most critics agree, a painful and arduous task (yes, task) that takes about five hours or longer. I’ve watched and read everything Dylan and would do a lot, including watching five hours of Renaldo and Clara to review it. But there is little here to review, despite five or so hours of footage. That said, let me do my level best to tell the story of Renaldo and Clara."

No comments:

Post a Comment