Translate

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Lilac Wine and Doc Martins

Victorian Flowers
(These are the ones I want)


Shore Ditch
(or maybe these)

Dr. Martens



"Dr. Martens is celebrating their 50th anniversary, and Blind was invited to join the party. Dr. Martens asked 10 artists to record their version of a cult classic track that represents the spirit of the people who’ve worn DM’s over the past 50 years. One of the songs selected was Cinematic Orchestra’s rendition of the classic, “Lilac Wine,” made popular in the early 90s by Jeff Buckley.  Blind was asked to direct the video, which would not include talent, but was given no other creative parameters." 


"Lilac Wine" lyrics:

I lost myself on a cool damp night
I gave myself in that misty light
Was hypnotized by a strange delight
Under a lilac tree
I made wine from the lilac tree
Put my heart in its recipe
It makes me see what I want to see
And be what I want to be
When I think more than I want to think
I do things I never should do
I drink much more than I ought to drink
Because it brings me back you...

Lilac wine is sweet and heady, like my love
Lilac wine, I feel unsteady, like my love
Listen to me... I cannot see clearly
Isn't that she coming to me nearly here?
Lilac wine is sweet and heady, where's my love?
Lilac wine, I feel unsteady, where's my love?
Listen to me, why is everything so hazy?
Isn't that she, or am I just going crazy, dear?
Lilac Wine, I feel unready for my love,
Feel unready for my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment