Translate

Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Dummy




The Dummy

Reports are in.   
Grades have been posted.   
No one’s as smart as they thought, 
it seems, especially me.   
Ground-breaking ceremonies are next.   
A monument will be erected on this sight, 
dedicated to the dumbest of dummies: 
Me.   
Me, with my nose in the air, 
before I knew I knew nothing.   
What arrogance I displayed.   
Knock-kneed and pigeon-toed, 
on my way to the top, 
inverted of course, 
and in mid-nosedive.   

I am:
  • A landmark for the lost: “Make a right at the dummy and continue on to the second traffic light. “
  • A meeting place for old friends: “Let’s get together for dinner.  I’ll meet you at the dummy about eight o’clock.”
  • A background for photographs: “Let me get a shot of you standing over there in front of the dummy.”
An example for future generations:  “Don’t let this happen to you.”    

by Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment