Translate

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Unction


But ye have an Unction from the Holy One
and ye know all things. 
  ƻ
Two boy babies, one lost, the other not ~ a dream last night:

I was in a hospital, in a long empty hallway. Everything in the hallway was white. Light was shining through the windows that lined the outer left wall. I saw a baby sitting on the floor playing with another baby. Both were boys, each had blonde hair and looked identical to each other. Both were smiling, both wearing light blue pajamas, both turning the pages of little golden books.  A doctor in a long white coat entered the scene.  I explained to him that one of the babies was lost and I wanted to return him.  I was on a mission to reunite the lost baby with his mother. 

 When I awoke I wondered about that strange dream, and quickly realized that it must have something to do with the still born baby boy I gave birth(?) to in late May of 1967. Sometime around Memorial Day.  I looked at the calendar on the desktop screen of my laptop computer to find that it was the 28th and that the next day, Monday, would be the official Memorial Day holiday. I did a Google search for "Memorial Day 1967" and found that the calendar page for May of 1967 is identical to the current calendar page for May of 2017.  And then I went a step further, a metaphysical step further, to be struck by a flash of insight informing me that my still born baby was delivered on this very day, May 28th, fifty years ago.  When I awoke from the anesthesia the doctor told me that my baby was a perfectly formed little boy who had been strangled by the umbilical cord. I remember the doctor's exact words: " Your baby was a perfectly formed little boy with the cord wrapped around his neck."  I never saw my baby, I never got to hold him.  I don't know what they did with him, with his little blue body.  I've been thinking about him a lot lately, wondering if he would have looked like his brother born a year and a half later.  How wonderful it would have been to have two sons, for our living son to have a brother.  I intend to go to the hospital where he was born and request all records concerning his birth, but most of all I want to know what they did with his little body.  It was a Catholic hospital, so I would imagine that they performed the sacrament of Extreme Unction on him.  

There is more to this story.  I will continue and finish later.  




No comments:

Post a Comment