Translate

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The menagerie of life rolls by



Live , Lakeland, FL 4/1876

Lyrics:

If you see her, say hello
She might be in North Saigon
She left here in a hurry
I don't know what she was on
You might say that I'm in disarray
And for me time's standing still
Oh, I've never gotten over her
I don't think I ever will

A bright light from me, I saw
A shattering of souls
Just one of them reckless situations
Which nobody controls
Well the menagerie of life rolls by
Right before my eyes
And we'll do the best we can
Which should come at no surprise

If you're makin' love to her
Watch it from the rear
You never know when I'll be back
Or liable to appear
Oh it's as natural to dream of peace
As it is for rules to break
But right now I got not much to lose
So you better stay awake

Sundown, silver moon
Hitting on the date (days?)
My head can't understand no more
What my heart don't tolerate
But I know she'll be back some day
Of that there is no doubt
And when that moment comes, Lord
Give me the strength to keep her out.




No comments:

Post a Comment