Translate

Friday, March 21, 2014

Happy Spring



I made this cake today and I'm calling it my "Spring Cake". It's decorated with Snowdrops, a little flower that pops up early in Spring, sometimes even when snow is still on the ground. It's such a resilient, strong, brave and hopeful little flower. Hans Christian Anderson thought so too, and wrote a story about it called: "The Snowdrop". you can read it here - http://www.andersen.sdu.dk/vaerk/hersholt/TheSnowdrop_e.html The cake is a basic yellow cake, recipe from my Betty Crocker cook book, except that I used lemon extract instead of vanilla. The icing is cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract and confectioners sugar, not too sweet. In between the layers I spread some orange marmalade.

 Snowdrops in our side yard


No comments:

Post a Comment