Translate

Monday, August 5, 2013

Home Alone



A rare occasion. Home alone, well not exactly, I had Sister over for dinner. We had fried red tomatoes, potato fritters, corn on the cob and ice tea. Sister doesn't eat much, neither do I.


When I posted this picture on FB yesterday it received some interesting comments:

  • Dinner looks yummy, but Sister still makes me nervous!
  • me:  hahaha That's funny. Dinner was really good.
  • Yup I would be a little nervous eating with sister lol
  • I'll take sister's portion. Looks yummy.
  • That looks a little creepy, Aunt Leo.
  • I think Sister took sister's place
  • me:  Some very interesting comments but maybe some are reading too much into my having dinner with Sister. I could have used any number of dolls or stuffed creatures, but Sister was close at hand so I dusted her off and put her in the picture. I guess your observations would be based on your opinion of nuns, positive or negative. I've always loved nuns. Never been mistreated by one or met a mean one. Maybe because her black veil is missing and she now has only her "coif" for headgear she looks like her head is bandaged instead of "coiffed". Also, I have TMJ and eating or chewing triggers terrific pain. I've had it for about a month and lost 12 pounds. I'll concede that the area that appears to be bandaged is exactly where I experience the pain - jaws, temples, ears, and throat. I could only eat 3/4 of a fritter and two bites of corn, but the tomatoes went down easy and were delicious. I'm the only one in the family who likes them red and caramelized. Don't worry or be nervous or creeped out. I had a wonderful day yesterday.
  • Love it!
  • Aww feel better, we love you  
  • Leo, I went to Catholic school one year, fifth grade. What a shock that was!! I never got caught doing a darn thing at public school. But I was in trouble all the time at parochial school. Those nuns didn't fall for any of my stories! A friend and I thought we found a great way to skip school.....that didn't work out too well, we used it one too many times. 5th grade I was back in public school. TMJ ouch, I'd like to loose some weight but not that way.  
  • me: Great and funny comment. Now I can understand why Sister made you nervous. LOL  I only went to Catechism classes, never Catholic school. My husband doesn't like nuns either. He went to Catholic school and talks a lot about a nun named H-Bomb. Once she locked him in the coat closet for acting up in class. He says there were boxes of chocolate bars in there and he ate as many as he could then pulled some coats down to the floor, laid down on them and took a nap. 
 
Caramelized Fried Red Tomatoes



   

Potato Fritters & Corn
Iced Tea with Lime







No comments:

Post a Comment