Translate

Saturday, April 20, 2013

My Sicilian Buttercup (Caterina, la mia ranuncolo Siciliana)


Caterina is getting big.  I named her Caterina after my dad's sister who was
  my favorite aunt.  Although my dad's family are not Sicilian but Abruzzi.

She doesn't have all her feathers yet so she looks
a bit scrappy, but she's very healthy and loves
being out in the back yard with the other 9 chicks.

It is predicted (by chicken breeders) that she will
only lay two eggs per week.  That's okay by me.

Backyard chickens aren't new to us.  This is our son back in
1978 getting a mean old rooster ready for the stew pot.

Alex Kithes addressed the Woonsocket City Council in favor of amending zoning law to allow chicken keeping in the city. (April 1, 2013) Credit Rob Borkowski. Woonsocket City Council members praised Alex Kithes's effort to champion legalized chicken keeping.
Woonsocket Backyard Chicken Ban

Bring Backyard Chickens Back


My prvious chicken blog:
The Good Shepherd and Seven Chicks

No comments:

Post a Comment