Translate

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Lord Aaron in Ireland




They called him Lord Aaron because he had a gracious and royal way about him.  When he got his first job, while still a senior in high school, he opened a checking account at a bank where his cousin worked.  It was this cousin who assisted him in the opening of  the account.  When Aaron's checks finally arrived in the mail he had a great laugh to see that a joke had been played on him: the account had been opened under the name of Lord Aaron.  A year before he died, Aaron's dream to visit Ireland was realized. 

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of every man who speaks of me,
Christ in the eye that sees me,
Christ in the ear that hears me.

And the sun with its brightness,
And the snow with its whiteness,
And fire with all the strength it hath,
And lightning with its rapid wrath,
And the winds with their swiftness along their path,
And the sea with its deepness,
And the rocks with their steepness,
And the earth with its starkness
All these I place,
By God's almighty help and grace,
Between myself and the powers of darkness.



No comments:

Post a Comment