Translate

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Trinity of Monkeys



Trinity of Monkeys
**********************
I have no choice
but to believe
in this asylum.
Its easy windows
and benevolent doors
opening and closing
as if by grace
to shelter love
and repudiate discord.
How many martyrs
have tried and failed
to die for love?

It comes as no surprise to me
that evil does as evil sees
so I have drawn the curtains
and I have pulled the shades.

What's that I hear?
An angel choir
singing high above desire
"come to me sweet slave of life."
Or is it fear
numb and weak
of souls on ice
who blindly seek
the fires of hell?
An endless shriek
to one with ears
but to me
only the hum of eternity.

I could speak
of this and that thing.
Of hell on earth.
What good would that bring?
Of evil deeds and evil doers
of minds gone mad
of hearts on skewers.
I could breath
the stench of sewers
onto this pure white page.
I prefer
to keep my mouth shut.

by Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment