Translate

Friday, February 17, 2012

Absurdism and the Poor

Self Portrait by Leo


The high falutin
rootin tootin
vendors of ignominy
scrape their knuckles
on the floor
on their way
to my door.
I try to put them on ignore
They glare
and blare their evil tune
"It's just not fair"
Boom bada boom bada boom.

The more I give the more
they take for balance sake
say they, hey hey hey
They want to even the score
play a game of tit for tat
give me this I'll give you that
and while you're at it
why not add a cup of sugar
for the poor long lost Susies
who come in droves
followed by Pinocchio
and his long long nose.
(a thing I most abhor) 
A pimp of sorts he is
dressed in iridescent clothes
his wooden mouth reports
in vulgar braggadocio
lie after lie after lie.
He says that I must do or die.
O me
O my
O me
O

by Leo, February 17, 2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment