Translate

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

飽和 Something to wonder about on a cold, rainy day



Let's start with a door that opens to infinite possibility.  Next, let's toss a body of words through that door, along with a few instructions or commands, and, before you can blink, those words will be tossed back to you in an enchanting new form that gives you new insights into your old words.  For reference, here is a link to the original words from a poem called Saturation.
   

Angas, George French, 1822-1886.
Rangihaeata's house on the island of Mana called "Kaitangata". 
A carved meeting house called a wharepuni or wharenui , Māori, New Zealand, 19th century.

KAITEN
Japanese - 回天, literal translation: "Return to the sky" - also means turning around a (literal or figurative) axis - a spinning wheel is kaiten, or perhaps a celestial body's orbit.
GATA
Japanese - ancient: "path" or "way" - modern literal translation: "model" or "pattern," also "form" 


English to Japanese to English:
As for the old soldier where as for whisper war fatigue of the clinic of slanted treaty as for me who am put the bus which acquires sign to time of the transparent corner the load of the hostage who cheated is lowered as for the troop where no one who digs the snow with the shovel strikes draft as for me who am poured to the camping of my gristmill you push roughly under the quality food, in me who am discharged the spitting coming out of weight the retired invalid soldier as for the boots of the troop which discusses as for all pentagons of war of the day when my head is struck in shape as for the child whom you think that we want my sign, me the jaw depending upon the river which telephones as for the fleet us who verify me there is no unenvied map, being conscious by the flow power of unconscious, the barrel victory which impoliteness moves and does, all the way does my boots as for my combined suit the meat of my illusion which is complete the hole is souse with the operation your maneuvers under my jaw







 Saturazione - English to Italian to English:
Whispering of the ill bay of the oblique treaties  together of fatigue of battle within mark the time on angle, transparent the buses unload the camouflaged hostages the old soldiers shovel the snow nobody strike the ugly copy the troupes pour in my encampment of gristmill push down the crude forage and debate my to  erupting exhausted, veteran disabled of the weight the loadings of the system of army my head in figure has chopped herbs  all in the war of the day the pentagon wants my autograph the children is calling it Joe down from the river the fleet the verification we move  aware in disowned the unconscious forces of the flow, unenvied, uncouth victory of drip, operation down my lies Fills up in on my loadings of the system of your strategy my garment of the mayoralty is full of the holes my ghost meat is soaked

Tower of Babel is a 1928 woodcut by M. C. Escher

"Some of the builders are white and others black. The work is at a standstill because they are no longer able to understand one another. Seeing as the climax of the drama takes place at the summit of the tower which is under construction, the building has been shown from above as though from a bird's eye view" M. C. Escher

Verzadiging - English to Dutch to English:
Sick bay whispering of slanting treaties combat fatigue ranges I see time on the transparent angle, the buses do not empty camouflaged hostages old soldier shovel snow nobody beat the design the troops pour in my gristmill camp I stop below the river and debate my weight spitting out exhausted, disabled veterans the boots of the army beat my head in form all in the war of a day the pentagon want my autograph the children call me Joe below by the river verifies the fleet me we to move our aware in unconscious mapped flow strengths, unenvied, ill-mannered dripping victory, reduce my chin fill my boots with your strategy on my uniform are entirely of breaches my phantom flesh has been soaked

  
"First I added three floors but then the house looked ungainly, like a mushroom," he said. "So I added another and it still didn't look right so I kept going. What you see today is a happy accident."  Nikolai Sutyagin's

Сатурация -  English to Russian to English
Whispers of the sick molded edge of agreements obliquely the complete sets of the fatigue of battle inside I mark time at the angle, transparently tires  the camouflaged hostages old soldiers they dig snow no one it beats project the troops they flow in my laying out of the camp of gristmill I to  downward from roughage I debate my that depleted to vomit, the inoperative veterans of weight the boots of army beat my head into the form everyone in the war of day the Pentagon he wants my autograph children are called me by Joe downward river fleet is checked me we we consciously move into the efforts the unconscious of flow not on the map, unenvied, uncouth dripping victory, run from my chin you will downward fill upward my boots with your strategy my suit of connection it is full of openings my phantom flesh it is dull 


Sättigung - English to German to English 
Do not whisper to the ill bay of the contracts inclined combat fatigue using I mark time on the corner, transparency of buses empty camouflaged hostages old person soldier dig the snow anybody strikes the draft troops pour into mine gristmill camps I push down the roughage and debate my weight discharging exhausted, unfit veterans army loadings struck mean head in form everything in the war of a daily the Pentagon wishes my autograph of children call me Joe to down by the river examines the fleet me we move consciously into the unconscious river of forces, which are not registered, unenvied, uncouth  victory, run down my chin filling you my loadings with your strategy on my connection complaint is from the holes fully mine Phantom meat is damp

(I would like to thank Rick from Moon Soup for inspiring this blog.  I have used Babelfish in the past for various reasons, but never realized its value as a tool for gaining objectivity and a unique way to see the worth and universal scope of words, my own and those of others)

No comments:

Post a Comment