Translate

Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Walk in the WIld Life

I've decided to lift the ban on color for a while.  After posting my previous entry of Offerings to the Sun, and since it was such a wonderfully bright, sunny and warm day (49 degrees) we decided to take a walk through the wildlife refuge.  I took these pictures with my sweet little cheapo Canon Power Shot.   We weren't supposed to buy gifts for each other this year, but  I broke that deal by making a secret trip to Best Buy where I purchased two identical cameras (mine blue, his silver) then wrapped them, tagged them "from Santa" and put them in our stockings.  It's nice having a camera small and slim enough to slip into my coat pocket.  So far it's been keeping a great charge too.  That's important to me; I hate having to charge a camera each time I want to use it.  The idea for a walk was mutual and spontaneous, 'let's not waste this sunshine' being the motivating factor to get me away from the computer and him away from the television.  On my way out the door I remembered my camera which had been sitting on the mantle, ran back and grabbed it hoping it didn't need a charge.  It didn't. 

These pictures are arranged according to the order in which they were taken on our walk along the trails and paths of the refuge.  Initially, in trying to keep with my new no-color scheme - theme,  I ran the photos through an editing process on an image hosting site to remove the color and replace it with black, white and shades thereof.  But somehow, even though I liked the look, it bothered my conscience to take the color out of such a beautiful day,  it seemed an arrogant and ungrateful thing to do. 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment